Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Tales From the Scrap Heap


Check out this sweet little doll quilt The Lovely Miss K made for my girl. I especially love it because many of the squares were from my grandmother's scrap box. I gave them to Miss K for another project but, they ended up in this vibrant quilt that is ready to make any dolly comfy and cozy.


Speaking of Scrap Boxes...

Here is mine. Once upon a time it was a well organized, neatly folded, color coded, not filled to the top box of pleasant. Now...well, I am on a mission to re-configure and gussy up my work space, which means I must organize and deal with some of the detritus of my crafty world.

So, I have given myself the challenge of creating my next project entirely out of this box. I don't have any ideas yet, no direction known - chances are an experiment in improvisation may be afoot. Think scrappy thoughts for me and I will keep you posted on the progress.


P.S. Thanks for all the kind words and encouragement during The Big PINK. I think I have actually aquired a new appreciation for my daughter's favorite color.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

The doll quilt is adorable. Reminds me of the tiny afghan my grandmother crocheted for my dolls decades ago. Diane now has it tucked away.....

Nancy in Atlanta